When working with Cases, we would like our client’s application to be processed as soon as possible. However, sometimes in the piling of messages, employees may miss or miss all queries.
In order to avoid such omissions, Salesforce constructed the automation of the Case Escalation Rules.
In a short tutorial we will try to show you how this solution works.
In the first step in the Quick find box enter Escalation Rules, then click New.
We enter the name and save it. After moving to the home page, click on the name of the newly created element.
In the Rule Entries section, select New.
- Sort Order is a number that determines the order in which the condition is triggered.
If we give the number 1, our condition will be called by the system first.
- In the next section, we define the conditions for which the action is to be triggered.
If the Case Origin field on the Case object has the value Email, then the action will be successful.
- Step 3 we define the hours in which the Escalation Rule works
- Step 4 determines how long the Escalation Rule fares when checking conditions.
If we specified Rule Entries and clicked save, we are taken to the edit window, where we can create an action that will be performed when the system encounters our conditions.
In the Escalation Action section, click New.
- Age Over, enter the time after which the action is to start, if the case has not been resolved.
- Then we choose whether the action is to be assigned to some other queue or the same (Auto-reassign cases)
- Notify This User: we can assign a supervisor here
- Notify Case Owner by checking the box, the message will be sent to the owner of the case.
- On the right side, select the email template to be used to inform individual users or users assigned to the queue.
- Additional Email allows you to enter up to 5 e-mails, which will be additionally informed about the course of the Case.
Remember to Save
In this way, we made sure that when our customer requests are not resolved within 4 hours, the supervisors will be informed about the situation and the queue members will receive a reminder that the case is still waiting for review.