Chatter is a tool designed to communicate inside the Salesforce platform in real time. It allows users to work in a group, talk to each other and share information. So, what is Salesforce Chatter?
What is Salesforce Chatter?
Chatter is used for communication within the company. However, it would be detrimental to limit its functions to a mere messenger. With Chatter, you can do much more!
We can use Chatter both with a browser and smartphone with the Salesforce application installed, and access to the Internet.
Using Chatter, we can learn more about our colleagues by viewing the profile of each user. We can get information to which group a given person belongs to. We can also figure out who is their manager, how to contact them and check their location.
One of the most useful features of Chatter is the ability to track the activity of users, groups, topics, files and records. Thanks to this function, we get information about changes and activity. We can track a maximum of 500 individual results.
We also have the option of organizing work in groups using Chatter.With Chatter you can also:
- conduct training,
- enable our employees to contact contractors,
- allow them access to selected information,
- direct contact via a private message,
- save the history of conversations.
Salesforce offers four types of licenses to suit the different requirements of its customers.
- Chatter Free. This is a more extended form of a user account. It allows you to access standard Chatter functions such as people, profiles, groups and files through the App Launcher. All of that without accessing objects and data. This user can be a moderator. We can assign a standard Salesforce license to a user with such a license.
- Chatter External. Allows you to create a user outside our email domain, usually people from an external company or customers. An account with this license has access to information and can interact with users who are in the same group. They have access to profiles but cannot edit them. They do not have access to objects and data.
- Chatter Only (Chatter Plus). This license allows access to selected data and objects to people outside our organization.
- Lightning Platform Starter. This is an even more extended version of the Chatter Plus license. It allows you to access even more objects, data and functionalities in Salesforce.
If you would like to learn more about the license, I have included the link to the technical documentation click.
In our next publications, we will present you details on the possibilities and use of the functionalities offered by Chatter.
You can read more about our services here.
Grow with Salesforce!
ME PL Solution Team
More on our blog:
How to implement the CRM system from Salesforce in your company? Read more on ME PL Solution blog.
Perhaps the concept of CRM is familiar to you and you are wondering if you really need it or is it the right time now? A few questions will help you figure it out. Read more on ME PL Solution blog.
Salesforce CRM supports your business and allows you to be more effective!